Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Lightworks 11 Tutorial - Part 9 - Working With Audio - Soundbooth: A tour of the interface | lynda.com

Lightworks 11 Tutorial - Part 9 - Working With Audio




Hello and welcome again to Lightworks
This video is working with the audio
Part nine of the light works quick start tutorials
In this video we take a closer look at
the audio tracks
find out how to read extra tracks for
music or sound effects
and see how to set audio levels
Having finished a picture edit and
having added any video effects you want
You probably want to sweeten the audio
tracks
for instance in this dialogue section
the audio level is higher in Sanya's shot
than in Neil's shot


as well as hearing this difference
we can see it visually in the
audio waveforms on the track
The waveform for becomes more prominent
if I increase the depth of track
Do this by right clicking and dragging
The bottom edge of the track selector button
You can clearly see the difference now
Let's balance the sound levels between
these two clips
If I go into the timeline menu
And change show audio levels to yes
The yellow line appears on the audio
tracks
I'll Click on the advanced button to see
the decibel levels
just hover the mouse cursor over the
yellow track sound level meters
then use your mouse wheel too lower the decibel
level
Of the clip your currently parked on
That should help with the difference in the
levels
As you can see i have already decrease the
level of the audio in the very first shot

I now want to add a music track to the edit
On the timeline menu click on add tracks then
Change the type of track from video to audio
And click on add
A new audio track A3 has appears
In the timeline
Here is my music
An the source viewer, i just park on
the start of the piece of music I want
And on the edit i mark and park where
I want to go
Then i deselect all my other tracks
And click replace
The music goes onto the track
Okay that worked well untill the vocal
started on the music track
Then the vocals were battling with the
dialogue
What i could do now is put a cut music right
before the vocals
And in the section after the cut drag
the level down using the mouse wheel
But a sudden drop in level is a bit
crude
Instead i'll show you have to alter
levels within a clip by adding nodes
If I right click on the yellow line at
The point I'd like the music start to fade
A node is added to the line
I'll add another node just before the
vocal start
<br><br>
Now using the right mouse button, I
drag the nodes to where i want them

And that's all for part 9
In the last video in this series you will find
out how to export work as a file
And will look at further sources of
information on Lightworks editing



Soundbooth: A tour of the interface | lynda.com




Adobe Soundbooth CS4 is a digital audio Editor
that makes it easy for anyone to
record, edit, mix and repair audio files.
Its aimed to creative professionals who
don't specialize in audio editing and who
may not need all the advanced
capabilities of a program like Adobe Audition.
In this movie, I am going to walk you through
the interface, so you can get
your bearings and start using Soundbooth as
effectively and efficiently as
possible. Now, just so we have something to
look at instead of an empty
interface here, let's import a file. I have
copied the file Interview_01.mov to
my Desktop from the Exercise Files folder
and this is an unedited video clip of
two surfers. So Soundbooth can work with the
audio and video files or just
audio files by themselves. To bring this into
Soundbooth, I am going to choose
File > Open and out of my Desktop I'll just
select interview_01 and open that up.
I will talk about some other ways to get files
in the Soundbooth in the next
movie. So I can see the file I am working
with is listed here in the Files
panel, interview_01.mov, and the audio from
the file itself is shown here in the
Editor area and it's represented by these
peaks and valleys that you see here
known as the waveform, which is a visual representation
of audio.
Now, in case if your Soundbooth doesn't look
quite like mine., let's first talk
about Soundbooth's workspace layouts. I am
currently looking at Soundbooth in
its Default workspace layout. In this layout,
the Files panel is opened over
here, which lists all the sound files you're
currently working with and the
main area where you actually work with your
files again is called the Editor.
Also opened in the Default Soundbooth layout
is the Tasks panel which contains
several commonly performed tasks that you
will probably find yourself
frequently using like, Clean Up Audio, Remove
a Sound and so on and we will
take a look at a couple of these a little
bit later.
Down here at the bottom, we have the Video
panel open, which popped up because
I am working with the video file, but if you
are working with just an audio
file, you will generally just have the History
panel open up by default and the
History panel keeps track of everything that
you do to your file and we'll talk
about this a little bit later as well. At
the very top here, kind of tucked
away is our Tools panel and this is the way
you'll access all the various tools
that you'll need to work with your files.
So this is the default Soundbooth layout.
There are a couple of other layouts
you might want to check out depending on the
project you are working on. Here
<br><br>
under the Window menu, you can go to Workspace,
then we have things like
Edit Audio to Video, which is the layout to
use if you are working with the audio of
a video track, and you can see here that it
it displays the video portion of
the clip up here and the audio portion down
here at the bottom. We also have
Window > Workspace > Edit Score to Video,
which looks very similar, but this is
useful if you want to edit sound effects or
music to a video clip and it looks
very similar to the other layout, but you
can see that it opens up the Scores
panel here and we'll talk about that a little
bit later as well.
I am going to switch back to the Default layout.
Notice by the way that it's
very easy to get to the other panels that
are available in Soundbooth from this
layout like the Effects panel. You can just
pop over there and this contains
tons of different effects you can apply to
your clips. Again, we can see
we can jump to the Video panel.
Generally, you can get to any panel that you
need from the Default layout and
if you don't see the panel that you need,
if you accidentally closed it for
instance, just go to the Window menu and you'll
find all the panels here and
you can just select them to open them. Notice
that they all have corresponding
keyboard commands as well, if you are into
opening panels with keyboard
commands.
And also note by the way that the Workspace
menu up here gives you access to
the same workspace layouts. So that's an overview
of the Soundbooth CS4
interface. Of course each one of these panels
has its own sets of buttons and
menus, but we'll cover many of those as we
work away through the rest of the movies.
In the next movie, I am going to show you
more ways of importing files into
Soundbooth. So for now, I am going to select
this video file that we brought in
and I am just going to click the Trash icon
here to delete it out of
Soundbooth, so we have a nice empty panel
to start with in the next movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.