Tuesday, January 5, 2016

How to Add Width and Excitement to Bass Guitar with EchoBoy [ Free Presets - How to get the BEST bass from your Car Subwoofer

How to Add Width and Excitement to Bass Guitar with EchoBoy [ Free Presets
]



Hey, folks. Matthew Weiss here â€" www.weiss-sound.com,
www.theproaudiofiles.com.
I'm going to continue this SoundToys trend,
and look at how we can bring a little bit
of width and a little bit of excitement to
a bass guitar using EchoBoy, which I know
sounds a little strange. You don't usually
think of delay plugins and bass, but check
it out, I'm going to show you just how we
can do that.
[music]
So, bass guitar sounds good, but of course,
it's living strictly in the center, and it's
a little on the dark side maybe. Haha, Star
Wars joke.
Let's pull up EchoBoy, and let's start building
a chorusing effect. A distorted chorusing
effect, to be specific.
So what I'm going to do is flip this to dual
echo, because I want the two sides to be doing
something different. I'm going to go into
time mode on both of these echo settings.
I'm going to turn the left side down to 0ms,
and I'm going to turn the right side down
to maybe somewhere near 30ms.
Now, it sounds like this.
[bass guitar plays]
So it's a very stereo separated bass sound.
Obviously, because I've used a delay to make
it come out of the speakers at different times.
Alright, so what are we going to do from here?
Well, the first thing I'm going to do is I'm
going to turn up this low cut. I'm doing this,
because at the end of all of this, I'm going
to blend the mix wet/dry. If I have the low
end of the guitar out of time with itself,
when I start bringing in the dry guitar, it's
going to start to cancel. It's going to have
some phase problems. So, the way I can get
rid of that is by simply removing the low
end from this chorus effect.
Alright, now I'm going to go to “style,”
and I'm going to go to “distorted.” I'm
going to turn the saturation way up.
[bass guitar]
I'm going to go under the hood here, and we
have these different EQ parameters. We have
the frequency, which obviously targets the
frequency that we want to look at, and we
have decay and gain. Gain is an initial boost
or cut to the designated frequency. Decay
<br><br>
is then a subsequent adding or subtracting
of that frequency.
So, if I set this into the positive here,
every echo is going to become more mid rangey.
It's going to keep boosting on itself.
Now, I don't have any feedback going, but
that doesn't mean that this isn't going to
do something.
Let's check it out.
[bass]
Alright, now let's find the frequency that
sounds really good. We want to give that overtone
sense to the bass, because the more of that
first fundamental overtone, or first harmonic
I should say, the more it's going to kind
of psycho-acoustically reinforce the fundamental.
[bass guitar]
That's pretty cool right there. That's sort
of like a distortiony effect, which is kind
of cool, but let's go a little bit lower.
[bass guitar plays]
Alright, I'm digging that. I think that works
pretty well. That ended up being about 300Hz.
[bass plays]
Now, I'm going to start blending the dry signal
back in. In fact, I'm going to want to have
mostly a dry signal, but I'm just going to
lay it where it sounds about right.
[bass guitar plays]
That sounds pretty good. So maybe back this
EQ off just a little bit. We'll try there.
So, before. After.
Alright. Let's hear that in the full mix now.
Before.
[music, before bass widening]
After.
[music, after EchoBoy]
Nice. So, we gave it a little bit of extra
vibe, a little extra tone, spread it out a
little bit, yet we didn't really change anything
from where it was sitting balance wise. It's
a cool effect.
Now, this along with some other presets is
being packaged at this link here, as well
as in the description in the video. So go
there, download my presets, use them, throw
up EchoBoy, and make those records sound awesome.
Alright, until next time guys!



How to get the BEST bass from your Car Subwoofer




Throwing a subwoofer into a box and connecting
an amplifier will give you bass, but not bass
worthy of your ears. There are many factors
which contribute to the performance of your
subwoofer and more often than not, your sub
is not performing at its full potential. Here
are a few tips to get the best sound from
your subwoofer array. The most important aspect
of a subwoofer is the enclosure that it’s
in. A professionally built enclosure that
closely follows manufacturer specifications
and is tuned to your favorite type of music
will sound better than any other type of enclosure.
Ported enclosures are picky and should be
built specifically for your subwoofer for
optimum performance, while sealed boxes are
more forgiving. The amplifier is in charge
of controlling a subwoofers movement. The
higher the amp’s quality, the more adjustment
options and control you have for fine tuning
the overall sound. Look for amplifiers with
subsonic, low-pass and bass boost filters
<br><br>
so you can tune your subwoofer exactly to
your liking. Additionally, CEA-2006 compliant
amplifiers will output true power ratings
to your subwoofer. A cheap amplifier claiming
to output 2000 watts will often produce significantly
less, thus impacting your sound quality. Lastly,
I recommend either upgrading your headunit
or installing a bass processor to your factory
radio. Aftermarket radios not only output
a cleaner and more powerful signal to the
amplifier, they also have built-in equalizers
for fine tuning your entire system. If you
can’t or don’t want to upgrade your radio,
you can add a bass processor to your stock
sound system that will enhance low frequency
signals. Bass can be accurate and punchy,
boomy and loud, or even a mixture of the two.
If you are going to spend your hard earned
money on a subwoofer setup, make sure to take
the proper steps to ensure it sounds its best.
For more information on getting the best sound
from your subwoofer, visit our Knowledge Base
by following the link in our description.
Thank you for watching and be sure to visit
us at SonicElectronix.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.