Audio Normalization
One of the most fundamental audio editing
concepts is that of normalization.
What normalization is, is just adherence to
a norm.
So for instance, if there was a person who
was walking down the street
on their hands instead of there feet, that
would be outside of the norm.
In order to normalize them, you might say,
you would change what they were doing,
and have them do what the norm is, and have
them walk on their feet, which is the norm.
Same thing is true for audio.
You can normalize an audio signal to have
it match a certain norm.
So for instance I'll make a recording:
[recorded] "Last night for dinner I had fettuccini
with steak medallions and blue cheese crumbles.
"
<br><br>
[played back] "last night for dinner, I had.
. ."
So if i wanted to normalize this auido file,
I would first have to choose what kind of
a norm I wanted to set it to.
Is it abnormally loud, or is it abnormally
soft?
We will say this is too soft and the norm
would be to have it louder.
So, if I were to normalize this sound file
I would set it
to a percent of my available headroom based
on the bit depth.
So, just to show what it would look like,
I will normalize it to 95%
of the available headroom and then the audio
file is greatly amplified.
I will play just a blip, so you get a sense
of it.
[played back, louder] "Last night. . ."
So, you can also normalize the other direction,
too.
So lets say this was your incoming audio file
and it was too loud.
So you might also normalize down to a smaller
value.
[played back, softer] "Last night. . ."
How to customize the ringtone on Sony Xperia Z
Connect Sony Xperia Z to computer
Open "Xperia Z"
Open "Internal Storage"
If "Ringtones" folder don't exist,
Right Click and select "New Folder"
Rename the folder to "Ringtones"
Open "Ringtones"
Drag your ringtone into this folder
Back to "Internal Storage"
<br><br>
Open "Notifications"
Drag your notification sound into this folder
Swipe down from the top bezel, tap the "Settings" icon
Tap "Sound"
Tap "Phone ringtone"
Choose the ringtone just put in "ringtones" folder
Tap "Done"
Tap "Default notification"
Choose the notification sound just put in "notifications" folder
Tap "Done"
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.