Interview with Paul Jackson Jr. Part1 "SP Compressor Demo"
<h2>Interview with Paul Jackson Jr. Part1 "SP Compressor Demo"</h2><br />
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OqDLEYd_Jjs[/youtube]
the
theme
the
the man
the
in
August
of can get this guy what has you up
objects ingenious
hi folks its project junior
just checking in with you and want to
talk a little bit about something that I
really enjoy using
hey great effects pedal and we're gonna
talk about compression
and why to use it and we're going to
talk about the FB compressor from
exotic affects I wanted to talk about
what I'm using today
this is a my guitar is a Paul Reed Smith
of 513 a maple neck
I'm also using the of my signature model
which is the Paul Reed Smith j15
unit today using of
if you close 50 watt or DS amplifier
from fuchs
audio technology great amplifier greenup
for every guy's I'm using a visual sound
volume pedal from a
from up visual cell visual vine pellets
got cool got light on a single see where
you are
and I'm using a line 6 m9 I'm only using
this for reverb and delay so
everything else is upset on table here
all the compression here is from the sp
compressor so
although the overture from the BB so
you're running what's the big deal about
compression well
I've use compression on most did not
all love the hit records that I played
on over the past 30 years
there was a big when I did years ago by
Michael Jackson love
on the thriller record in the parten
something like this
phone call p.y.t actually in there was a
lot compressor believe that was a dbx
160 X
studio compressor that I used and the
reason that I use compression and maybe
the reason this thing what's the big
deal about compression
what compression does is um all
instruments have what's called a dynamic
range in if you can think up a dynamic
range
as a big space that tough removed from
release of two really really loud
and all instruments have somewhat of a
dynamic range
and you know I could play a core release
of Lee
up
good Park a player really loud
I'm
and so that recommends
now that represents the dynamic range
going from release of
on are really now
are
so
all instruments have a dynamic range
what compression does
is take that big dynamic range and kinda
squished into a smaller space
so that the really loud part science
allow the release of parts are not a
soft
and it it makes for um something as easy
to hear
something if the easy to record a lot of
times and parts that are easy to mix
know what you want to be careful not to
do if we should so much
that you lose the characteristic of the
instrument that you used lose the
natural tone
up the instrument and that's one of the
things I like about the FB compressor
now
it's got a lot of cool features and
others talk about a couple 'em
one of the reasons that I like it is the
size now
you can come to compare it to some
larger petals like I have large Eva B
B-plus here Roble talk
even the RC booster any my theme and I i
really would like some compression on my
board
but I don't have a lot to room well this
is the pedal for you because
it does if you can see it does not take
up a lot of space
another thing you'll notice about the FB
is that it's got a blend up
see you can blend between no compression
at all
which is this to
the compression all the way on in
from
on
and then you can bland anywhere in the
spectrum
to get the desired effect that you want
maybe you just want you want the
natural attack what you want the
compression to come in behind
just right about now is to write about 2
o'clock where through that sounds like
way
just right right in the middle there and
on
so you can hear the natural attack but
then the compression come in
and you can blend in anywhere you want
and that's kinda cool feature because
you say man
I just wanna hear compression I just
what the I want the natural attack but I
wanted to like the same a little longer
so you know you might just have just a
little bit I'm debating right now I had
said at nine o'clock
on
purses all the way
become
the
the other thing I like about the FB
compressor is
there's a a phenomenon in compression
known as popping where
the release comes open but after come
open the cat a light breeze Annick
it's kind of a funny pumping them but
you don't get that with the FP
you get nice natural even all the way up
even if it's all the way up
<br><br>
you don't hear any plumbing is the nice
movie release very very cool feature
another thing about the FB is there are
a few petals
on the market that are this size but all
love them
require the nine volt adapter you can
see right here that
you know no fly to hand there's no
adapter on the pedal
the reason is because all the exotic
small effects
are able to use a 9-volt battery by
themselves so
um if you just running in your bag or
you just want to add it real quick
you can do that using a 9-volt battery
as opposed to having to
use a wall wart or some kind of adapter
so that's a very very very cool feature
another cool feature the FP is that it's
very simple to operate
very very simple you have a talk about
the blend control
you know all the way compressed purses
no compression at all here the volume
control with that you're up wit
and then you have a little talk with
which which sets the amount compression
in the middle is low a senate all the
way just for the sake of a
demonstration here in
min
do Mitt
will be more done
and then for people like me
who are compression crazy all the way up
done
very very cool so between
the high low and mid settings and the
blend job you can get
from just a tiny here compression to all
the way squashed
which is somehow I'll the way I like it
but you know very simple to operate
very few controls but very very
versatile those are some other things
that I like about the FB compressor one
more very cool function
up the FB compressor is because you have
the blend control
you can also use it as a clean boost and
I'll show you what I mean let's turn it
back on
and now %uh the path compression after
persons that the mid
hmm
of
the morning and you know I can vary the
other woman who obviously
who let's edit all the way the
compression of
who
you know
very the output who so the cool thing is
you can use the FB compressor
as a clean boost as well so you don't
need to buy okay lets any the clean
boost
am any the compressor and I have this
much space well let's see
I can buy of I have like this much space
I could buy an FB and let's say an EP
from exotic which is a clean booth or
that they only have space for just this
much space
I can buy the FB compressor and I can
use it as a clean boost
and I can use it as a compressor so
that's another cool feature the SP
Do You Mumble: Speech Exercises to Cure Mumbling
You wouldn't believe how often I meet people
who donâ™t open their mouths far enough when
they speak. Yeah, I can hear you saying, âœGive
me a break, my grandmother could have come
<br><br>
up with that advice,â but the consequences
of this pervasive little habit are quite profound
including a weaker voice because less breath
flows out when your mouth isn't opened far
enough. Mumbling because speech sounds get
distorted being squeezed through your teeth.
Speaking too fast because your tongue can
move really fast when your jaw isn't moving,
and the perceived lack of credibility. Youâ™ve
probably heard someone say, âœHe is lying
through his teeth.â What can you do about
it? The best approach would involve jaw relaxation
exercises, and thatâ™s what I recommend,
but since most people just want to jump to
the result, here is what I suggest. Look in
the mirror as you speak. Normally, you want
to have at least one finger width of space
between your upper and lower teeth on average.
Some sounds will be more of the high, some
less, heee, but on average a finger-width.
For practice you should go for two finger-widths,
very open. Use a mirror. The visual confirmation
of openness is very important. You will be
surprised at how easily your mouth starts
to close up. If youâ™re not watching, you
wonâ™t even know it. Start with single words
such as spa, fat, and high. When that isn't
so hard move to phrases such as fatherâ™s
spa, jazz lab, or fly high. When you have
the feel of that, try sentences such as âœMy
father travels in style,â making sure have
at least a thumb-width of space between your
upper and lower teeth on the stressed vowel
sounds. When the sentences are easy, try reading
paragraphs in front of a mirror. Remember,
you are looking for an average of one finger-width
of space between your teeth. When that doesn't
feel so strange, try speaking with more openness
in every day conversations. If you haven't
been speaking with a relaxed sense of openness,
this might feel very strange and unnatural.
You are not used to allowing sound to emerge
from your body with so much space. That doesn't
mean itâ™s wrong, just different, so play
with it until the feeling is familiar, until
it feels like you. When youâ™re able to speak
in public with a relaxed sense of openness
around your mouth and jaw, you will reap some
significant benefits. Your voice will be stronger.
More openness leads to more breath support.
Your articulation will be clearer. More openness
encourages more precision. Youâ™ll speak
in relaxed pace. More openness means your
jaw has to move a bit further, slowing you
down, and youâ™ll appear strong, confident,
and credible, take my word for it. These are
all major elements of effective communication
and all have a connection to opening your
mouth. You know I hate gimmicks, short-cuts,
and superficial techniques, but this is something
anyone can understand, and itâ™s not hard
to practice, so open up. If you would like
more information about how to use your voice
effectively, go to voiceandspeech.com and
download my free report The Sound of Success.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.