Sony Walkman E340 16GB MP3 Player
I've got a digital
media player
that is wafer thin.
And it's perfect for your videos,
your photos and so much more.
Don't go anywhere.
It's the Sony Walkman,
it's a digital media player,
and it comes in a
couple different capacities,
and colors and it is
absolutely perfect to store
all of your photos,
your videos, your music,
it can be an alarm,
a clock, and it's perfect
for on-the-go-ers.
On-the-go-ers, people who are
out and about all the time,
and just want some
entertainment in their life.
Come on people.
Alright, well, here you
have it first of all,
this actually has a bright
two inch LCD screen,
it's QVGA with a
240 x 320 resolution,
and when you're actually
watching your videos or
viewing your photos,
you can go into the settings and change
whether you want portrait or landscape view.
It doesn't do it automatically,
It doesn't have an accelerometer,
but you can change that in the settings.
Also, the killer thing about this digital
media player, is the battery-life.
Sony is telling us, that you will
get 45 hours of music playback
continuous music playback, with this
Sony Walkman, that is absolutely amazing.
I mean that's almost two days of
completely blasting your ears out
with your favorite music
and not having to recharge.
Now, the great thing about this
Sony Walkman is that it is wafer thin.
It weighs absolutely nothing,
fits in the palm of your hand,
in your pocket it goes,
it's light weight.
And it's perfect for you if
you're always out and about.
It's also great because you can
manage your playlists and your libraries
with a couple
different programs:
iTunes, Windows Media Player,
or Windows Explorer.
And this Sony Walkman
is open format. Okay?
And what that means is that no
matter where your music is stored,
and no matter what format it's in,
you can transfer it
onto this Sony Walkman.
That's a huge plus.
And last but not least it does
have a rechargeable battery,
don't forget a 45
hours of battery-life,
and you charge it
with a USB plug,
it actually come
with a connector
and you plug it
right into your PC
and you charge this baby.
So you're ready to go.
So, let's go into the Menu,
and I'm going to tell you more
about this Sony Walkman
and what it has to offer.
So, on the front,
underneath the LCD screen,
you'll see all of your controls,
your Play and your Pause,
right here is your backwards and your
forwards to go through your different Menus.
Right here you have your
Power on and off,
your Option button to get into
your settings and start your slide shows.
Also your Home,
to get to your home screen,
and your Back button
to go backwards.
Now let's turn
over to the side.
Alrighty. Here, you have your lock,
this is your Hold, on and off,
and right here you
have your volume controls
to louder or softer.
And then on the bottom of
this Sony Walkman, right here,
you'll see this is your headset jack,
it does come with a
pair of headphones.
And right here this is for your
power to plug into your PC,
and transfer all your files,
and also charge this Walkman.
Now, right now we are
looking at the Home screen,
and let's start our tour off
by going into FM Radio.
Again, you have 30 preset
channels to choose from.
And let's say you're not in the
mood to listen to some radio,
you just go on back and we'll
carry on with our tour here.
Alright, so you've got
your clock display,
looks just like a normal clock.
Photo Library let's go
into our Photo Library
here you can look at photos
that you take from videos
that you put on here
or your pictures.
Let's go into Pictures.
And what's great about this,
with just one
touch into Options,
you can actually
begin a slideshow,
so you don't have to go sort
through your photos one by one.
Let's start our slide show here.
Oooh. Aaah.
Look at these flowers.
Looks like I took these.
But I didn't.
They came on this Sony Walkman.
I wish I could take credit for them.
Ooh, that looks like a beautiful beach
that I would like to be at right now.
Okay, so let's go back,
back again,
and let's go on home,
to our Home menu.
And scroll on over,
here we go, Music, we actually
don't have any tunes on here yet,
but I will put some on here.
And let's go into Videos.
Our Video Library.
And let's play a video,
and here we go.
Now, you're probably wondering
why this video is in Landscape mode,
I changed that on the settings,
you can do that too,
you can either view your
videos in Portrait or Landscape.
But I like viewing
them in Landscape.
With that wide, wide view.
This is a good soccer game going on.
Well, we don't have time to watch soccer,
so we're going to go on back.
And continue with our tour.
Alright, so you saw Movies,
now, that's the Now Playing button.
Your Playlists,
and this is for your music,
and your Settings.
And when you go into
Settings, you have control,
let's go into Music Settings over
your Play Mode and your Equalizer.
A lot of these are
typical settings.
In your Videos Settings you can change the
orientation of the display and your zoom.
Talked about that already.
Everything else is pretty much, you know,
standard settings you find
on most digital media players.
But all in all,
let me tell you,
This Sony, has been lasting
me a really long time.
I've been playing with
it for a couple hours,
as you can see, I still have
a full battery right here,
look at that, full battery.
And I think that's a great
thing about this Walkman.
That it actually does promise
45 hours of battery-life.
That's pretty amazing,
and it's really,
it's really thin.
It really is guys.
So check this out,
this is the Sony Walkman,
it comes in a couple
different colors,
not just black,
and a couple different capacities
depending on how
much storage you need
for all your photos
and all your videos.
I'm Sam,
thanks for watching,
and we'll see you
guys next time.
For more information on the
Sony Walkman Digital Media Player,
just visit any of
these major retailers
and type in,
Sony Walkman Digital Media Player
into the search box.
For Computertv,
I'm Sam.
How to Enhance a 2-Track with Parallel Processing
Hey, what's up guys. David Glenn back for
davidglennrecording.com, theproaudiofiles.com,
and themixacademy.com.
Today, I'm going to go over something I just
covered recently in a free course that I've
offered over at my website, davidglennrecording.com/free-training-course.
We'll put a short link or something, you can
go check that out. That's free to subscribers
of davidglennrecording.com, but I felt like
there was a parallel technique that could
apply to mastering. In the video, I talk specifically
about 2-tracks and working with the 2-track,
some different techniques for that, mixing
vocals up against it, how to make more room,
blah blah blah.
Today's tutorial, I'm going to look at it
from a mastering perspective and show a very
similar technique.
So. The 2-track I've got in front of me here,
we're going to assume this is a mastered audio
file, and you'll see I've made a duplicate
of it. You've got 2track.dup. I've got the
vocals inactive for this so we can focus on
the music, but the technique is pretty darn
simple. I learned this years ago, I think
I found it in a blog or a tutorial, and this
is just my added touch to it. A little bit
more processing than what originally was taught
to me.
So, I've duplicated it, and you can hear this
is what we're working with. Let's solo the
original.
[two-track being mastered]
Okay. And then this is simply the exact same
thing.
[two-track being mastered]
Cool. Alright. Now what I'm going to do is
in parallel, I'm going to add some processing,
parallel processing, to the duplicate to try
to enhance the first track, and so I felt
like after listening to this, I bounced this
instrumental of a mix that I actually turned
in, and I felt like as an instrumental, it
could benefit from some width. Some additional
width, some saturation, and a little bit of
some oomph, some extra meat to the track.
So I'm going to show you how I accomplished
that.
First thing that I did was add Ozone 6 imager,
and I just pushed out the low-mids, the mids,
and the highs, what... 20, 25% each of them.
I want to hear a before and after of that,
and we're going to bring the volume up here.
We'll pull this guy up so we can hear it just
by itself.
This isn't in parallel, this is just soloing
it so we can hear what it's going to accomplish
for the track.
So here's before.
[2-track plays, before and after Ozone imager]
Okay. So it just pushes it out a little bit.
Cool. So we're getting some width from there,
and then something I learned from Matthew
Weiss, he was working on Snoop's vocal, and
he applied a kiss of lo-fi distortion. I'm
talking .1, and I dug it, so I stole that
from Matthew. Shout out to him.He's been killing
actually, his latest tutorial videos are sick,
so go check those out.
The difference is this. Let's A/B it.
[2-track, before and after lo-fi adjustments]
Very cool. Brings it forward, gives it a bit
of grit, added character.
Now, we're going to get into the meat of what
this tutorial is all about, and it's the parallel
compression side of things.
Now, I've got all kinds of plug-ins, and I
love my third party stuff. In this case, I'm
just going to pull open the good old Bomb
Factory BF76. This is a free one that's included
with Pro Tools, and I'm going to smash this
track to death. Let's hear it.
[music with BF76 compressor engaged]
Okay, so I'm driving that for as much as 7,
10, 20 dB of reduction. I've actually got
all buttons in selected, and I like the way
that was really just oomphing it up for me,
and just pumped it up. Totally changed the
feel of it. Then I set the release to the
tempo of the track.
Let me show you all the way fast, and I'll
just dial that back, and you'll really start
to hear it kind of move and feel with the
rhythm of the track.
[music, adjusting BF76 compressor release]
So that's a little quick.
So now, you can start to feel that pumping
is in time a little bit more with the kick.
You can really fine tune that and get in deeper
with it, but get that to taste, and then I'm
going to throw it all the way down, bring
it out of solo.
Now I've got this track at the top has got
nothing on it, and I'm going to blend this
one in parallel, so let's see what we get.
[both tracks play, blending levels together]
Pretty sweet, right? So, to taste. By all
means, a little tiny bit of it can go a long
way. If you're really trying to push it and
get things hot and loud, this could be a great
way to fill it out. Experiment with this.
Add other plug-ins, take it steal it, do what
you do, and hopefully that adds to your toolbox
of tips.
Davidglennrecording.com, theproaudiofiles.com.
Please like, subscribe, share this, message
me, in the comments below tell me what you
think. Maybe if you've done this and used
some other plug-ins, I'd love to hear what
you're doing.
Help me, help you, all that good stuff, and
then of course, themixacademy.com, just $27
a month, you're going to get session files
that are professionally recorded. They're
great to work with, already edited, I failed
to mention that in the other videos. They
are edited, auto-tuned, auto-aligned, Melodyne'd,
everything is set. It's going to be a great
way to step up your mixing game, build a portfolio,
all that good stuff.
themixacademy.com, and we will catch you soon.
Thanks guys!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.