Screaming Meanie 220
This is the Screaming Meanie 220.
And the first thing you're going to want
to do
when you get it
is set the clock.
to do that
go to the side of the Screaming Meanie
and you'll see a tab that's marked Timer Clock
Move that to the right to
the clock position.
Then while holding the White Key
Button down...
keep that depressed
on the side there's an hours and minutes button
Simply push the Hour Button
or the Minutes Button to set the time you want.
You can hold it down and it will automatically
increment.
Same thing with the Minutes.
And say that that's the correct time. The
whole time I've been holding down that
White Key Button
Keep holding that down and press the
Right Arrow Key.
And now we've set the clock function.
Now I want to show you how to set the Alarm
Function on your Screaming Meanie.
The first thing to remember
when you set the alarm... whether you want to set it as an alarm clock or a
timer...
is to be sure the Timer Clock Switch is in the left
position
which is the Timer position.
And then, for example, right now the time shows
8:06 and say I want to
set the alarm to go off
at 10:00 AM.
for whatever reason.
I simply hold the White
Key Button down.
And then while holding that
White Key Button down,
press the Hour or the Minute Key to increment the time.
I would increment the hours to 10.
It's showing 10:07 AM so if i wanted to
set it to
ten o'clock sharp I would simply hold
the Minutes Button down
and increment the minutes until it displays
all zeros.
Once I have the time that I want
I press the Right Arrow Key.
Remember that the whole time I was doing that
process
I was holding the
White Key Button down.
When I set the alarm
you can see that the alarm has been set because there's an
LED symbol of a bell in the top left
corner of the display telling me that the
alarm has been set.
That shows me the time for which the alarm has been set. If I want to go back and display the
current time
all you do is go back and press the
Timer Clock Key
to the right
and that shows me the actual hours.
If I want to use the Screaming Meanie as
a countdown timer
the first thing I want to do
to set
time i want to count down is to make
sure that the Clock Timer Switch is in
the left position.
Then go to the front press the Right
Arrow Key
to change
the display
to timer mode.
To set the number of hours and
minutes I want to count down I again
hold down the
White Key Button and set the number of hours and minutes.
So say I wanted to countdown for 2
hours and 15 minutes.
I'll press the Hours Key...
and then the Minutes Key...
until I show 2 hours and 15 minutes.
And again I was holding that White Key Button down while I do this.
And then I press
the Right Arrow Key to set the time.
Now that's immediately going to start
counting down
from 2 hours and 15 minutes.
The other thing I wanted to show you is that
whether you have the alarm clock
set in the
alarm clock mode or the countdown
time mode
and you want to cancel it
all you have to do is simply hold down the
White Key Button
while simultaneously pressing the Hour and Minute Buttons
and that will cancel the alarm.
And when it cancels
you'll see that they LED
symbol of a bell is gone from the top left corner of the display
and the current time will be displayed.
Now I want to show you how
the pre-alarm function works.
When you set the alarm
for a particular time the
Screaming Meanie is going to go off 10
minutes before that time
as a pre alarm
and again five minutes before that time as a
pre alarm
and then finally go off
at the time you had set.
I want to show you what that means.
As you can see
I have it set the alarm for 7:30 AM.
The current time is now 7:19 AM. When that gets the 7:20 AM
the pre alarm is going to go off.
And when thatpre alarm goes off unable
to hit the snooze button...
the White Arrow Key... one time
and that will turn it off.
And it turns it off for the next pre alarm.
And we're going to watch that happen in a second.
As you can see it's 7:20 AM which is
10 minutes before the time I had set
on the alarm.
As you can see when I move the Clock Timer Switch back to the Timer position.
That pre alarm went off and I can turn it off bu pushing the White Key Button once.
And that's going to be true when it gets
to the next five minute increment.
And once again
now it's 5 minutes before the
time that I set and that's the second pre
alarm
I can turn that off by pressing the White Key Button once.
Now when it reaches the time I had set
the final time there's no pre alarm involved.
Now when I press the White Key Button
nothing happens.
This forces you to press that White Key down
while simultaneously pressing the Hrs. and Mins. Keys
to turn off the Screaming Meanie.
And I would point out that in all these
demos I have the alarm set
lowest setting.
Some people don't like the pre alarm
function
and the fact that they can't disable
pre alarm.
All you do
is to set the alarm ten minutes
after the time you really want to get
up so that the pre alarm goes off at
the time
you want to wake up.
Then, instead of pressing the White
Key Button to turn it off,
you simply turn it off by holding down the White Key Button while simultaneously pressing
the Hrs. and Mins. Keys.
There are 3 volume settings.
You set that with with this switch on the side
There's Low, Medium and High.
Low is 70 decibels
That's about the volume of a normal
alarm clock.
The second is 95 decibels which is very loud
And the
high setting
is 120 decibels
and that is extremely loud.
I'll demonstrate that in a second.
I'm going to go back and set the alarm to the
low setting.
There is a
Panic Alarm Function and you activate
that by pressing the White Key Button twice
rapidly.
press press
I'm going to go ahead and do that. First
I'm going to do that with the
alarm setting on low
Let me tell you right away because it's going to be hard to hear in a minute that to turn that off
you hold that White
Key Button down
and simultaneously press the Hrs. and Mins. Buttons.
I do that with my thumbs.
I'm going set off the panic
alarm
And it's not very loud
because it's the low setting.
To turn that off I'm going to go ahead and press the White Key Button and Hrs. and Mins. Keys.
And I turned it off.
Let's go ahead set that volume to the
medium setting,
And I believe the
circuitry in the camcorder is going to
suppress the sound a little bit because
it's pretty loud but should still
be acceptable. But I'm going to go ahead
and activate
the Persoanl Alarm again by pressing the White Key Button twice. And that's really loud.
And finally we're going to set it to the High setting. And we're not going to let that go off
very long because it's extremely loud.
Here it goes...
And obviously that's very loud. It's even louder in person than on the video.
The Screaming Meanie has an Audio Homing
Beacon function.
And where you'd use this is
say you're mountain biking and
you get yourself in trouble
or you're hiking in your hurt yourself
you don't have your cell phone or
your cell phone doesn't work where you happen
to be
you can set the
Audio Homing Beacon.
And to do that
you press the White Key Buttom
and the little Beacon Symbol Key
simultaneously.
I have the volume set on the Low setting for this demo
but you can have it set to Low, Medium or High.
And again what that does is going to sound that
alarm for ten seconds and then every ten
minutes thereafter
and that will hopefully help somebody find
you.
Lastly there is the
Battery Check Backlight Button
When you press it a red light will come on if your battery is good,
I'm going to turn out the lights to see this s little better.
There is a back light function
so you can see it at night.
The other thing I want to
point out to you that these rings
do glow in the dark.
This helps you find your Screaming Meanie faster.
Let me show you how
put the battery in your Screaming Meanie.
Just go to the bottom.
See this little
depression here tab.
Push it with your thumb to the right.
The cover comes off.
There are little grooves on the lid.
They just fit in there.
It uses a 9v battery.
Just take your terminals.
Line them up.
Make sure it's on there securely.
And then very carefully put that in the
compartment being careful not to
pinch those little wires in any way.
Press it down a little bit. And while you're
pressing down take the lid...
fit it in those grooves.
Push it over until it's
good and tight.
And your in business
When you change the battery after you've
had set
you have a couple of seconds where
there's capacitance in the
Screaming Meanie where it wono;t lose its settings.
Otherwise if you too slow
you're going to have to reset everything.
Call me if you have any problem
Catalinbread Dirty Little Secret Marshall Pedal Tone Review and Demo
I'm afraid it's gonna hit me in the noggin.
Awww!
BLEEP Nate, BLEEP damn you! are we getting
this!?
(BLEEP) What are you doing, clean up this
mess. I am serious, if you wanna keep this
job, you will clean this up! This is a massive
catastrophe!
Hey everybody, how's it going? This is Bob
from MusicStoreLive.com. Today, we're taking
a look at a pedal. We've got the Dirty Little
Secret from Catalinbread and this pedal is
causing quite a ruckus in the market place,
people are digging it, a wide range of tones
available on it, very Marhsall heavy and we're
gonna take you through a few sounds here,
the internal switch is switched over to the
super lead position, we're gonna focus on
that today and we're gonna start you off the
preamp gain, dialed down, we'll just increase
the gain as we go, using a Fender Princeton
Reverb here, and things are set fairly flat,
just a little bit or reverb, here's the sound
of the guitar, just clean. Here we go, here's
the pedal on...
Going to bring the preamp gain up a little
bit, preamp knob is now at midnight and the
master is now at midnight. One thing that
is really cool about this pedal is the first
time I've played this thing is the sooner
you start , you get some really nice sag the
way would of you know a larger tube amp thats
really being crank, and the Princeton is only
set just just close to 4 so you know the sag
isn't really coming off this amp, the amp
isn't being pushed too hard. As soon as you
open the pedal up, your bring that master
up, things starts to respond, very nicely,
you know, its got some cool sag in there.
We're bringing it up just a little bit more,
we're gonna bring the pre-amp and the master
up just a little bit more towards like 1'o
clock... maybe 2'oclock, its 2'oclock somewhere.
Pedal volume's almost up to about 3'oclock.
Alright, this is the preamp all the way up,
we're gonna bring the master down a little
bit so we don't hurt our ears too bad...
So yeah, alright, we'll thanks a lot for taking
a look at Dirty Little Secret with us from
Catalinbread. This is a nasty pedal and first
time out of the box, tons of great and tones
and dial on this thing from you know rolled
off just light grit to totally over the top
so sounds great and it responds the way that
a real tube amp responds, you know its as
close as you can get with a pedal, check it
out!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.