Wednesday, February 17, 2016

American Stroke Association - Stroke Survivor Story - Omar - The Journey Back: Rehabilitation After Stroke

Xarelto a Medication Used to Prevent Blood Clots and Stroke - Overview




Xarelto is a prescription medication used
to prevent certain types of blood clots and
strokes. Xarelto can be used in people who
are having hip or knee replacement surgery,
and for people with an irregular heart rhythm.
Xarelto, a "blood thinner", belongs to a group
of drugs called factor Xa inhibitors. Factor
Xa is an enzyme required for blood to clot.
Xarelto inhibits factor Xa, slowing down blood
clot formation.
This medication comes in tablet form and is
usually taken once daily, with or without
food. For people taking it for atrial fibrillation
(irregular heart rhythm), Xarelto is taken
once daily with the evening meal.
Common side effects include itching, muscle
spasms, and bleeding.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRLx5oTfbA4


Bear Trap" PSA - American Stroke Association




- Hey guys.
Ooh, I've been looking for that.
Has legal seen this?
- Uh, yeah.
Um, so what happened to your uh--
- Oh yeah, I know.
If it gets any worse,
I'll have it checked out.
- Worse, how could it get worse?
- Yeah, maybe you should call somebody?
- I'm fine.
- [Voiceover] You wouldn't ignore this.
So why ignore the signs of a stroke?
At the first warning signs,
call 911 immediately.
Because time lost, is brain lost.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZgQ6qW4yiY

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.